Three Vacancies for Literature Sub-Committee MembersThe Literature Committee is a Sub Committee of the General Service Board. Its role is:-
- To undertake selective review of the content and appearance of the entire range of literature published by the Fellowship in Great Britain.
- To assess its suitability for revision or discontinuance.
- To consider needs for new literature.
The work of the committee is generated by the requirements of conference, requests from the Fellowship and a systematic, proactive review of current literature and handbooks.
The committee meets up to four times a year in York. Much of the work is done in the interim, by email, generally in partnership with another member of the committee. The sub committee functions very much as a team to ensure that our literature is of the highest possible standard.The post is subject to rotation after four years.It is suggested that applicants would fulfil the following criteria;
Application forms are available from the Region Secretary, or directly from GSO.
- Minimum of five years continuous sobriety.
- A sound grasp of AA structure, Steps, Traditions, and Concepts.
- Accuracy of written grammar and style.
- Experience in copy-editing, design, document drafting or similar work would be very helpful.
- I.T. skills would be an advantage.
- A personal service history at Intergroup and/or Region.
- Sub Committee applicants should be endorsed by the AA structure i.e. a serving officer of their Intergroup or Region. The serving officer’s endorsement should be in the form of a letter attached to the completed nomination form
When applying for any of the vacancies below please note that forms are available from Jenny Pryke at GSO, PO Box 1, 10 Toft Green, York, YO1 7NJ; 01904 644 026 or N.B. firstname.lastname@example.org
or in the Document Library of the AA (GB) website http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk
The Chair, Vice Chair or Secretary of the sponsoring Region or Intergroup must endorse the application by way of a covering letter.