Photograph and Images Submitted for use Policy
1. This photograph and image policy applies to all photographs and images received for use on and in pages and sub-pages in the Alcoholics Anonymous UK website https://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk/, in any of the printed or electronic publications of The General Service Board of Alcoholics Anonymous (Great Britain) Limited and the General Service Board of AA or its Subcommittees in their websites and/or in any printed or electronic promotional material. It applies to all UK and Central European Regions, Intergroups and meetings, their service officers such as GSRs, Regional Reps etc and all members of AA.
2. Submission of a photograph or image will be taken to mean acceptance of this Policy.
3. Submitters must be over the age of 18
4. Please submit photographs or images exclusively at https://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk/Members/Website-Photography
5. Image files should be please no less than 200 dpi and no larger than 1MB. Please do not use any compression software to reduce the size of the images other than WinZip or applications fully compatible with WinZip. Please keep your submissions within the above size and dpi. We regret that we are unable to accept postal submissions or submissions on portable media devices (such as usb drives)
6. There is no limit to the number of photographs or images you may submit but please be considerate when sending large numbers of images electronically as this can impact internet bandwidth
7. Computer-generated or computer-altered photographs or images cannot be accepted. Artwork and illustrations will not be accepted. Digital adjustments are acceptable; the way in which any digital enhancement or editing has been used will be considered when choosing photographs and images to use, however, major changes of content will be a disqualifier.
8. All photographs and images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a photographic competition.
9. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject (where applicable) and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. If a person is visible in the photograph or image, a written consent, hand signed by the person/s in the photograph or image must be submitted in original form by post to accompany the submission and should include contact details for that person/ those people. If photographs or images are used where people are identifiable in them, we will confirm their consent before use.
10. Submitters must warrant that the photograph or image they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
11. There is no financial or other reward for submitting or having a photograph or image chosen for use.
12. Copyright in all images submitted remains with the respective submitters. However, in consideration of their providing the photographs or images for use, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to The General Service Board of Alcoholics Anonymous (Great Britain) Limited, the General Service Board of AA and its Subcommittees to feature any or all the submitted photographs and images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material. This is non-inclusive meaning that winners may use their images themselves elsewhere.
13. Submitters will be informed by email if any of their photographs or images are used and those whose photographs or images are not used will not be contacted.
14. Submitters whose photographs or images are used will be acknowledged by name where desired and where possible, but this acknowledgement will not take the form of the name of the submitter on any part of any reproduced photograph or image or in the form of a watermark or other device but will instead be a text acknowledgement elsewhere in the publications/ websites and/or in any promotional material.
15. No exceptions can be made to the above policy.