Public Information Sub-committee
Public Information Sub Committee Vacancies
The PI Sub-committee (PISC) is
looking for two new members to join a committed team who are passionate about
finding innovative ways of passing the message of recovery to the public,
professionals and the still suffering alcoholic at a National, Regional &
Our primary functions are to:
- Create a consistent message externally that differentiates AA from other bodies.
- Increase awareness of the AA programme with professionals and professional bodies; members of the media and journalists at national level.
- Offer support and advice to Regional PI committees & liaison officers.
- Provide leadership to the PI network through national projects.
- Communicate effectively with the Fellowship.
- Comply with the principles & guidelines of AA.
- Update the PI web site and other PI resources.
- Publish the PI Newsletter and Newsletter for Professionals.
Role requirements are:
- The position is rotational after four years and requires a minimum of 5 years sobriety at the time of applying.
- A sound knowledge of the service structure & Traditions of the Fellowship.
- To provide guidance on media projects.
- To work within PISC terms of reference.
- To attend up to four PISC meetings and 'teleconference' meetings.
Application forms are available from GSO (contact Jenny on 01904 644026) and can also be found in the document library at www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk
Please forward applications to GSO of AA, 10 Toft Green, York YO1 7NJ by 17 April 2020.
Peter F (GSB Trustee for PI
You can download a form here. It may be returned to the postal or email address on the main vacancies page.