Public Information Sub-committee
Public Information Sub Committee Vacancies
There are two vacancies on the Public Information (PI) Sub Committee of the General Service Board.
The PI Sub Committee is looking for two new members to join a committed team which is passionate about carrying the AA message to the public, professionals and the suffering alcoholic at a national, regional and group level.
Our primary functions are to:
Support the GSB by implementing PI initiatives as directed by the GSB resulting from AA GB Conference.
Carry the message of the fellowship & increase awareness of the AA programme among the general public and professionals.
Establish and maintain good relations with professionals, professional bodies and the media at a national level.
Create a consistent and clear message that differentiates Alcoholics Anonymous from other bodies or organisations.
Provide support to Regional and Intergroup PI Liaison Officers, via resources, information and advice. Organise periodic seminars for Regional & Intergroup liaison officers and support the sharing of good PI practice & communicate this effectively.
Basic Role requirements are:
- Sub Committee members serve for a period of four years
- A minimum of five years' continuous sobriety at the time of applying
- A working knowledge of the AA GB service structure and AA Traditions & Concepts
- Willing to work within the PISC Terms of Reference and as part of a team which is directly responsible to the General Service Board of AA.
- Prepared to attend up to 4 meetings a year in York or in GB.
- Good organisational and communication skills. Relevant IT skills.
- A personal service history at Intergroup or Region in this discipline or other relevant AA Service experience
- The ability to produce written and verbal reports.
- Experience of preparation and delivery of workshops and presentations.
- Some experience in PR, marketing, social media, journalism & communications.
Please forward applications to GSO of AA, 10 Toft Green, York YO1 7NJ by 9th April 2021.
Charles R (GSB Trustee for PI)