1977 - 1987
1977 - More than 100 Groups registered in Great Britain
- Group registrations in GB exceed 10
1978 - Regional structure completed in Scotland
- On the 2nd 1978 the Karlsruhe Open Arms Group were first registered in GSO New York. There has been though an English speaking AA presence in Karlsruhe since at least 1960.
- Ireland forms its own service structure and Board of Trustees.
- New Articles of Association to enable GSB (GB) to operate as a commercial charitable company are adopted.
- Completion of Regional structure in Scotland.
1980 - Conference Delegates appointed by Regions
- Regional structure adopted throughout the UK.
- Regions now appoint Conference delegates and nominate candidates to GSB
1981 - Group registrations exceed 1500 in GB
- Group registrations exceed 1500 in GB, with 80 I/Gs and 14 Regions.
- First European Service Meeting held in Frankfurt.
1982 - Box 514 re-named AA News
- Quarterly Box 514 re-named AA News.
1986 - General Service Office moves to Stonebow House, York.
- Dispositions Act, having completed its passage through parliament, sponsored by AA, receives Royal Assent giving AA the right to refuse bequests.
- General Service Office moves to Stonebow House, York.