This is done using simple text files called cookies which sit on your computer. By using this site you are agreeing to this principle. Click here to remove this notice.
1961 - 1966
1961 - Scotland divides
- Scotland divides into four areas plus Glasgow, with a rep from each on Scottish I/G Committee.
1963 - Central Committee re-named
- Central Committee re-named General Purposes Committee.
1964 - General Service Conference suggested
- Scotland divides into seven areas (later known as Regions) with one rep. each on Scottish I/G Committee.
- GSB suggests formation of a General Service Conference.
1966 - A & GRC becomes General Service Conference
- Decision made to proceed with GS Conference.
- Template for today’s service structure put in place and A & GRC becomes General Service Conference. First meeting held in Midland Hotel, Manchester. Intergroups from England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales to appoint Conference delegates