This is done using simple text files called cookies which sit on your computer. By using this site you are agreeing to this principle. Click here to remove this notice.
1977 - 1987
1977 - More than 100 Groups registered in Great Britain
- Group registrations in GB exceed 10
1978 - Regional structure completed in Scotland
- On February the 2nd 1978 the Karlsruhe Open Arms Group were first registered in GSO New York. There has been though an English speaking AA presence in Karlsruhe since at least 1960.
- Ireland forms its own service structure and Board of Trustees.
- New Articles of Association to enable GSB (GB) to operate as a commercial charitable company are adopted.
- Completion of Regional structure in Scotland.
1980 - Conference Delegates appointed by Regions
- Regional structure adopted throughout the UK.
- Regions now appoint Conference delegates and nominate candidates to GSB
1981 - Group registrations exceed 1500 in GB
- Group registrations exceed 1500 in GB, with 80 I/Gs and 14 Regions.
- First European Service Meeting held in Frankfurt.
1982 - Box 514 re-named AA News
- Quarterly Box 514 re-named AA News.
1986 - General Service Office moves to Stonebow House, York.
- Dispositions Act, having completed its passage through parliament, sponsored by AA, receives Royal Assent giving AA the right to refuse bequests.
- General Service Office moves to Stonebow House, York.