Telephone Sub-committee vacancies
There are vacancies on the newly formed First Response Sub Committee of the General Service Board.
There is a vacancy on NTL Sub Committee of the General Service Board.
Telephones: 1 vacancy
Experience of the telephone service at regional or intergroup level and a willingness to use and be informed about current communication systems would be an advantage. The role may require frequent contact with members involved in the telephone service at all levels of the Fellowship.
The subcommittee is comprised of a group of people organizing the initial contact, the first response, to the still suffering alcoholic via the telephone.
A job description for the subcommittee vacancy:
- Maintain the existing telephone system to enable the suffering alcoholic access to a local contact through a single national telephone number, in a manner which is efficient, effective and economic.
- Keep the use and cost of the system under constant review.
- Be involved in all changes to the system and to liaise with the system provider following consultation with regions.
- Investigate any new technology which may be beneficial to the Fellowship’s telephone service
- Maintain a constant review of the facilities offered by other service providers.
The sub-committee meets four times a year, twice in York and twice virtually. The appointment is for four years and requires a minimum of five years sobriety, preferred service history at intergroup or regional level, with a sound knowledge of AA Traditions and Concepts.
The Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary or a currently serving Liaison Officer of the sponsoring region or intergroup must endorse the application by way of a cover letter.
The closing date for applications is 7th April 2023
Application can be found on the below link:
Please specify you are applying for NTL sub-committee.
For additional information please contact the FRSC Trustee: Levey Patocs- firstname.lastname@example.org