Prison Sub Committee Vacancy
The Prison Sub Committee is looking for one new member to join a committed team who are passionate about finding innovative ways of passing the message of recovery within the Prison walls.
The principal aim of the Sub-committee is to raise awareness throughout the Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous in Great Britain of service to the Prison community.
Its objectives are to:
- Offer support and advice to Regional Prison Liaison Officers (PLOs)
- Help promote and encourage the appointment of Liaison officers.
- Provide a more coordinated approach to Prison work throughout GB.
- Carry out a SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) to help identify both successful and problem areas.
- Assist in the implementation of Conference recommendations.
- Hold a Regional Prison Liaison Officer‚??s meeting annually in York.
Role requirements are:-
- The position is rotational after four years and requires a minimum of 5 years sobriety at the time of applying.
- A sound knowledge of the service structure & Traditions of the Fellowship.
- To work within Prison Sub-Committee terms of reference
- To attend two Prison Sub-Committee meetings and ‚??teleconference‚?? meetings
Application forms are available from GSO (contact Jenny on 01904 644026 and can also be found in the document library at www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk
Please forward applications to GSO by 19th October 2018.
You can download a form here. It may be returned to the postal or email address on the main vacancies page.