Prison Sub Committee Vacancy
The Prison Sub Committee is looking for one new member to join a committed team who are passionate about finding innovative ways of passing the message of recovery within the Prison walls.
The principal aim of the Sub-committee is to raise awareness throughout the Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous in Great Britain of service to the Prison community.
Its objectives are to:
- Offer support and advice to Regional Prison Liaison Officers (PLOs)
- Help promote and encourage the appointment of Liaison officers.
- Provide a more coordinated approach to Prison work throughout GB.
- Carry out a SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) to help identify both successful and problem areas.
- Assist in the implementation of Conference recommendations.
- Hold a Regional Prison Liaison Officer's meeting annually in York.
Role requirements are:-
- The position is rotational after four years and requires a minimum of 5 years sobriety at the time of applying.
- A sound knowledge of the service structure & Traditions of the Fellowship.
- To work within Prison Sub-Committee terms of reference
- To attend two Prison Sub-Committee meetings and 'teleconference' meetings
Application forms are available from GSO (contact Jenny on 01904 644026) and can also be found in the Document Library.
Please forward applications to GSO by August 12th 2022.
You can download a form here. It may be returned to the postal or email address on the main vacancies page.