Literature Sub-Committee - there are currently three vacancies
To enable the Literature Sub-Committee of the General Service Board of AA GB to fulfil its role of:
- Considering needs for new literature
- Undertaking selective review of the content and appearance of the entire range of the literature published by the Fellowship in Great Britain
- Assessing literature for its suitability for revision or discontinuance.
Its members meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of five years continuous sobriety.
- Have a sound understanding of the Twelve Steps.
- Have a working knowledge of the AA structure, the Twelve Traditions, and the Twelve Concepts, obtained through service at various levels.
- Show a commitment to service through personal experience at their home group, intergroup and/or region.
- Have a sound understanding of the Conference process. (Conference experience is highly desirable, but an understanding of the process does not need to come solely from having attended Conference.)
- Are endorsed by the AA structure, i.e., a serving officer of their Intergroup or Region. (The serving officer's endorsement letter is to be attached to the completed nomination form.)
- Be able to travel to York, UK, four times a year (Fridays and Saturdays).
- Have time between committee meetings to work on assigned projects, liaise with other committee members, provide feedback on projects other members are working on, and prepare for committee meetings by reading all relevant materials.
- Be able to serve a four-year term.
- Be familiar with the wide range of AA literature.
- Have a sound command of English written grammar and style.
- Be familiar with word processing and email programmes, as well as file-sharing.
- The ability to work collaboratively as a contributing member of the sub-committee. Most projects require members to work together in close collaboration, including in pairs or small groups, in the production of multiple drafts, with detailed editing, towards a final version.
- The ability to work towards set deadlines.
- Have some experience in copy-editing, design, document drafting or similar work
- Be familiar with social media and other communications platforms.
The Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary or a currently serving Liaison Officer of the sponsoring region or intergroup must endorse the application by way of a covering letter.
The closing date for applications is given in the current issue of AA Service News.
If you have questions about the specific responsibilities of service on the Literature Sub Committee, please email the General Service Board Trustee below BEFORE or UPON SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION. Thank you!
Justin T, GSB Trustee for Literature (firstname.lastname@example.org)