Health Sub-committee Vacancies
Two vacancies exist on the Health Subcommittee for applicants with a minimum of five years of sobriety and previous experience at intergroup and/or region, and with enthusiasm for health liaison work. The term of the appointment is four years.
- To have a working knowledge of the AA structure and to adhere to the Traditions, Concepts and guidance contained in the Service and Structure Handbooks
- To work within the terms of reference for the Health Subcommittee. (These are available in the Health discipline area of the AA website, along with the role description and other information)
- To have an understanding of the working relationship with the General Service Board
- To be able to work within a team and to communicate with HLOs within the service structure
- To attend Health Subcommittee meetings in York, giving prior notice to the GSB Trustee if you cannot attend/participate
- If attending any conferences or events, to be mindful of the Traditions, particularly Traditions Ten and Eleven when interacting with professionals
- To check with conferences and events organisers as to their requirements for equipment and health and safety issues, and to allow time to make these arrangements. GSO will always assist as required
- To liaise with GSO when ordering literature and apparatus for professional conferences and events
- Good organisational and communication skills are desirable, as well as the ability to produce written and verbal reports.
Closing date for applications is 20 December 2019
Terri S, GSB Trustees for Health
You can download a form here. It may be returned to the postal or email address on the main vacancies page.