Health Subcommittee Vacancies
Two vacancies exists on the Health Subcommittee for applicants with a minimum of five years of sobriety and previous experience at intergroup and/or region, and with enthusiasm for health liaison work. The term of the appointment is four years.
- To have a working knowledge of the AA structure and to adhere to the Traditions, Concepts and guidance contained in the Service and Structure Handbooks
- To work within the terms of reference for the Health Subcommittee. (These are available in the Health discipline area of the AA website, along with the role description and other information)
- To have an understanding of the working relationship with the General Service Board
- To be able to work within a team and to communicate with HLOs within the service structure
- To attend Health Subcommittee meetings in York, giving prior notice to the GSB Trustee if you cannot attend/participate
- If attending any conferences or events, to be mindful of the Traditions, particularly Traditions Ten and Eleven when interacting with professionals
- To check with conferences and events’ organisers as to their requirements for equipment and health and safety issues, and to allow time to make these arrangements. GSO will always assist as required
- To liaise with GSO when ordering literature and apparatus for professional conferences and events
- Good organisational and communication skills are desirable, as well as the ability to produce written and verbal reports.
We currently have no representation from Scotland on the Subcommittee, while application would be welcome from across the whole of the service structure, we would especially encourage applications from Scottish Regions.
Application forms are available from Jenny Pryke at General Service Office, 10 Toft Green, York YO1 7NJ. Tel: 01904 644026, email: jenny.Pryke@gsogb.org.uk and can also be found in the document library at www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk
Nigel P, GSB Trustees for Health
The deadline for applications is December 31st 2017