Employment Sub-Committee Vacancies
The Employment Committee is a Sub-Committee of The General Service Board of Alcoholics Anonymous.
We have a vacancy for two Sub Committee members.
Our Primary Functions are:
1. Create a consistent message externally that differentiates AA from other bodies
2. Establish and maintain good relations with professionals and professional bodies at national level
3. Establish and maintain good relations with employers and companies at national level
4. Increase public and professional knowledge of the AA programme
5. Offer support to Regional and Intergroup Liaison Officers
6. Create and maintain and accurate system of record keeping for future officers and events
7. Communicate effectively with the Fellowship
8. Comply with the principles and guidelines of AA
The committee meets up to four times a year in York, although some of the meetings may take the form of telephone conferencing. (Skype). Much of the work is done in the interim generally in partnership with the other members of the committee.
The post is subject to rotation after four years
It is suggested that we follow the following criteria:
- A minimum of five years continuous sobriety.
- A sound knowledge of the AA Structure, Steps, Traditions and Concepts
- Sub- Committee applicants should be endorsed by the AA structure i.e. a serving officer in their Intergroup or Region. The serving officers endorsement should be in the form of a letter attached to the completed nomination form.
- Application forms are available from GSO and can also be found in the document library:
Please forward applications by 9th April 2021.
Mike P - Trustee for Employment
You can download a form here. It may be returned to the postal or email address on the main vacancies page.