Armed Services Sub-Committee
The Armed Services sub-committee is looking for three new members to join a committed team who are passionate about finding innovative ways of passing the message of recovery to past and present members of the Armed Services
A minimum of five years continuous sobriety at the time of application and experience in Intergroup and/or regional Armed Service Liaison or other relative experience. Good organisation and communication skills are desirable. The ability to produce written and verbal reports would be an advantage, as well as relevant IT skills. Service within the Armed Service is desirable but not essential.
The principal aim of the sub-committee is to raise awareness throughout the Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous of service to the Armed Service community and its supported community groups.
Its objects are to:
• To raise awareness of Alcoholics Anonymous within all areas of the Armed Services community, including serving persons, veterans, and their families
• To establish and maintain good relations with professionals and professional bodies connected with the Tri-services
• To offer support and advice to regional Armed Services liaison officers
• To be responsible for the Armed Services 12 stepper list
• Assist in the implementation of conference recommendations
Role requirements are:
• The position is rotational after four years and requires a minimum of five years sobriety at the time of applying.
• a sound knowledge of the service structure and traditions of the fellowship
• to work within the Armed Services sub-committee terms of reference
• There is an expectation the Armed Services sub-committee members normally attend two meetings a year one of which is the regional liaison officers meeting and participate in three online meetings
Current application forms are available from regional secretaries, GSO or the AAGB website in the document library.
If you have any questions about the Specific responsibilities of service on the Armed Services sub-committee, please e-mail the general service board trustee below BEFORE or UPON SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION. Thank you
John C, GSB Trustee for Armed Services (firstname.lastname@example.org)