Armed Services Sub-Committee Vacancies
There are four vacancies on the Armed Services Sub-committee of the General Service Board.
Applicants who are serving members of the Armed Forces, or ex-Service men and women would be an advantage but not essential.
The aim of the sub-committee is to raise awareness of Alcoholics Anonymous within the Armed Services community, serving and ex serving personnel, including their families.
Main aims are:
- Offer support and advice to Regional Armed Services Liaison Officers. Help promote and encourage the appointment of Liaison Officers.
- Support the development and sharing of good practice and review and update literature, media resources and guidelines as necessary.
- Establish and maintain good relations with professionals and professional bodies connected with the Tri-Services.
It is suggested that applicants would fulfil the following criteria:
- A minimum of five years continuous sobriety at time of application.
- A sound grasp of AA Service Structure, Guidelines and Traditions.
- A personal service history at either intergroup and/or region in this discipline.
- Good organisational and communication skills are desirable. The ability to produce written and verbal reports would be an advantage, as well as relevant IT skills.
Armed Services Sub-Committee members will normally serve for a period of four years.
There is an expectation that Armed Services Sub-Committee members normally attend two meetings a year in York and participate in possible 'conference call' meeting(s) as and when required, giving notice to the GSB Trustee if unable to attend/participate.
Sub-committee applicants should be endorsed by the AA structure i.e. a serving officer of their Intergroup or
Region. The serving officer's endorsement should be in the form of a letter attached to the completed nomination form.
Application forms are available from Region Secretary, from GSO (contact Jenny on 01904 644026) and can also be found in the document library at www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk
Please forward applications to GSO of AA, PO Box 1, 10 Toft Green, York, YO1 7NJ by 19 April 2019.