Health Sub Committee Job Description/Role Requirements
(reviewed August 2014)
- To have a working knowledge of the AA structure and to adhere to the Traditions, Concepts and Guidelines.
- The sobriety requirement for membership is five years continuous sobriety at the time of application.
- To work within the terms of reference for the Health Subcommittee.
- To have an understanding of the working relationship with the GSB.
- To seek guidance from the GSB Trustee if and when required.
- To attend Health Subcommittee meetings in York and participate in ‚??conference call‚?? meetings, giving prior notice to GSB Trustee if you cannot attend/ participate
- If attending any conferences or events, to be mindful of AA‚??s Traditions, particularly Traditions Ten and Eleven when interacting with professionals.
- To check with conference and events organisers as to their requirements for equipment and health and safety issues and allow time to make these arrangements. GSO will always assist as required.
- To liaise with GSO when ordering literature and apparatus for professional conferences and events.