Resources for Employment
The aim of this section of the website is twofold:
- To ensure that Employment Liaison Officers are aware of the existing material at GSO to help them carry out their role
- To ask ELOs to add items to the document library that they found helpful in carrying out their role so that the Employment community can see a full picture of resources that can help them.
2. Resources available at GSO
i. A starter pack for Employment Officers has been created and is available to download from the Document Library, Items covered include:
- Employment Guidelines 2018
- Generic Letters
- Hints and suggestions for letter writing
- Literature for employment
Within the "For Professionals" section is the following leaflet:
AA as a resource for Employers
and in the "Literature for PI" section is the following leaflet:
Message to Professionals
A number of leaflets are available for distribution to potentail newcomers to AA. Together they are called a Starter Pack, which can be ordered from our Shop. Individually, they can be read in the links below:
Most of the pamphlets that are in the starter pack have been made available online too. You can download them from the links below and read them at you leisure. These are in pdf format which most computers can open.
- Is AA for you?
- A Newcomer Asks
- 15 points for an alcoholic to consider when confronted with the urge to drink
- Who Me?
- Just for today
- Mini 12 x 12
- What does anonymity mean to AA?
- Hints & Suggestions on Internet Safety
3. Resources available in the Employment Document Library
i. Further generic letters to employers
ii. Non Alcoholic Trustee letters about their experience of AA .
Helping One Another
We would like ELOs to send to the Employment Sub Committee examples of letters, presentations you have made that have been well received so that we can add to the document library and make it a resource that is rich in content for the employment community to access.
Examples of how to do effective presentations and man an industry stand are on the site.