Role of Region
There are presently 15 regions on mainland Great Britain and one further region representing English speaking Continental Europe. Regional officers represent the same service disciplines as intergroups.
- To bring neighbouring intergroups together, thus implementing our Tradition of Unity and creating service boards or committees where needed
- To ensure that the region recognise areas that are sparsely served by the Fellowship do not remain isolated but become part of that region's responsibility
- To share intergroup experience in the field of co-operation with outside agencies, prisons, health services, schools, social services, alcohol abuse agencies, churches, courts, Probation Service (Criminal Justice Services in Scotland), industry, and any other appropriate institutions and areas of society
- To increase opportunity for members to participate in our Third Legacy of Service
- To enable members with particular experience to serve a wider area