sp
Find a Meeting
To find AA meetings and your local helpline number in Great Britain, and English-speaking meetings in continental Europe please click below.
Search 'online' to see all currently registered online meetings (updated daily)
Alcoholics Anonymous
Great Britain
and English Speaking Continental Europe
Call our National Helpline
Call FREE on
Find a Meeting
Search 'online' to see all currently registered online meetings (updated daily)

NHIG Meeting Minutes

NORTH BEDS & HERTS INTERGROUP


Minutes of IG Meeting 21st April, 2022


ROLE

OFFICER

FROM

TO


PRESENT


Chair

vacant




Vice Chair

Joe F

06/21

06/23

Apologies

Secretary

Jenny

10/17

10/20

Y

Treasurer

Tracey

10/18

10/20

Y

TLO

Sue

10/16

10/20

Y

Literature

Kai



N

PILO

Vacant




ECLO

Ron

01/19

01/21

Y

Share rep

Duncan



Apologies

YPLO

vacant



Joel left the WhatsApp group so I assume he has resigned!

Archivist

Tracey

07/16

N/A

Y

Region Rep 1

Joe

07/19

07/21

Apologies

Region Rep 3

Greg

11/20

11/22

Y

ELO

Vacant

Paul Letchworth needs to be proposed for this role

N

Probation

Mick

07/19

07/21

N

HLO

vacant




Prison

Philip M

10/16

10/20

N

GROUP

GSR

 Present

GROUP

GSR

Present

AMPTHILL/Baldock topic

Roger

Y

CARLTON EMMAUS WEDS


N

BALDOCK (6PM) (SAT)

Sheridan

Apologies

HITCHIN(MON) (PM)

Michael

Y

BALDOCK (THURS)

John

N

HITCHIN (TUES)


N

BEDFORD MONDAY (LUNCHTIME)

Margaret

N

HITCHIN (THURS)

Rex

Y

BEDFORD (MON)

Paul S

N

HITCHIN (FRI LUNCH)


N

BEDFORD (TUES)


N

LETCHWORTH (FRI)

Paul

N

BEDFORD (WED)


N

LETCHWORTH (SAT AM)

Greg

Y

BEDFORD (THURS) 1-2pm

Charlie

N

LETCHWORTH (SUN)


N

BEDFORD (11.15) (SAT)

Julia

Y

ROYSTON (WEDS)


N


 


ROYSTON (SUN)(WEDS)

John H

Y

BUNTINGFORD (THURS) 11am


N

SHEFFORD

Anthony

Apologies

BIGGLESWADE (SUN)

Roger

Y

STEVENAGE MONDAY (St Nicholas)

Chris

Report sent

STEVENAGE FRIDAY ROEBUCK

Joe

Apologies

STEVENAGE TUESDAY

Linda

N

STEVENAGE WEDS (Lunch)

Andy

Apologies (sent report)

STEVENAGE THURS EVE

Tim

Apologies (sent report)

STEVENAGE THURS (Lunch)

Andy

N

STEVENAGE FRI

Joe

Apologies

STEVENAGE SAT

Duncan

Apologies

WELWYN GARDEN CITY (THURS)

Jo

Y


Visitors: Michael


Apologies: Debbie, Gordon, Joe, Sheridan, Andy, Duncan, Anthony


Readings: Roger ‚?? declaration of unity, Rex ‚?? traditions of AA

Officer Reports:


Treasurer: Tracey reported that funds stand at £3924.84p. There is a further £2000 in the bank account but it was sent to us in error by South Beds and needs to be returned. Tracey is minded to send £2500 to region and keep the usual prudent reserve of £1500. Money is coming in regularly from groups and individuals. Many individuals set up standing orders during the pandemic. Insurance is paid and together with South Beds we are meeting the cost of the telephone service.



Convention ‚?? All booked for 8th October at the usual venue of the Church of Our Lady Immaculate. The convention will be hybrid to facilitate a number of international chairs; the church has the equipment. We need a new tablecloth to reflect change in intergroup name. Sue‚??s daughter could do this at ‚??mate‚??s rates‚?Ě

We will use a new Printer (who coincidentally is a member of fellowship). There will be share/TLO/PI & literature stands. We voted to provide £150 to buy literature for the event. Roger has a stand that may be useful to display literature. Kai is literature secretary and is happy to arrange supplied for the convention. Jude/Ben may have PI literature that could be use

Tracey received a vote of thanks for her stewardship of our funds during the pandemic.

ECLO: Ron Need to ensure that personal details are not included on the website. Please send any news to Ron that you would like him to publicise on the website



TLO: Sue thanked all responders & 12 steppers for their efforts during the pandemic. Many newcomers have got sober through telephone service & zoom meetings. As usual the rota is low on responders! Sue received a vote of thanks for her tenacity and dedication to keeping the telephone service going during the pandemic

Prison Service ‚?? Julia reported that Mick & Phil seem finally to have been allowed back into Bedford Prison

Nomination of new officers

Greg was nominated and unanimously elected as Chairman of Intergroup

Please encourage anyone in your groups to put themselves forward if they are interested in any of the service positions. See top of these minutes

Group Reports

GSR

Meeting

Update

Julia

Bedford Saturday

Meeting also at this venue on Sunday & Monday. There 15 home group members and 30 average attendees


Roger

Biggleswade Tuesday

10-20 regular attendees new community centre is an excellent venue. Able to afford paying commercial rent and several newcomers are staying


Michael standing in for Sheridan

Hitchin Monday

F2F for 3 months ‚?? steady turn out 10-15 regulars including newcomers


Rex

Hitchin Thursday

15-20 attendees -healthy financially- 14 home group member. New room in Walsworth community centre is ideal


Tracey (in lieu of GSR)

Letchworth Friday

Still on zoom ‚?? returning to F2F to be discussed at next group conscience. Will remain hybrid as some want to continue online and many people lot on from all round the country.


Greg

Letchworth Saturday

Returned to F2F 8 weeks ago. Michael secretary ‚?? room full ‚?? 10 people on average.no financial issues




John

Royston Sunday 7pm, Weds 7.30pm

Weds is a big book meeting.

Sunday is ‚??back to basics‚?Ě 7-8 regular attendees (max 15) ‚?? fill service positions are all enthusiastically filled. A newcomer during lockdown is now secretary. The church has been kind over rent.


Sue in Lieu of Anthony

Shefford

Sue attended for the first time last week. The room was packed (half from clinic). Seems to be thriving


Text report from Chris

Stevenage Monday (St Nicholas church 7.45pm)

Attendances average around 12 although a couple of times recently a "full house" of 25 turned up. Frequent visits by "newcomers" means we often revert to Step 1. Tradition 7 contributions are such that the meeting remains fully self supporting with a healthy stock of AA literature available. The meeting does sobriety chips.Service positions are filled.


Andy ‚?? text report

Stevenage Thurs (lunchtime) All Saints church

All Saints church

The Oval

Vardon road

Pin Green

Stevenage SG1 5RD


'open dialogue' AA group meeting from 12.30pm to 14.00pm weekly

The group continues to meet since 2017 & are proud at being the first (or one of the 1st) groups to open for face2face meetings in Hertfordshire when restrictions were relaxed.

We are an open 'come & go' group & continue to attract newcomers.

Our numbers can range from 10-18.

We are financially viable & will be making a contribution to intergroup in June 2022.


Tim- by text

Stevenage Thursday evening

Still on zoom to support those unable or unwilling to go to face to face meetings although numbers have been  variable and dropping (typically 3-10 attendees) and getting newcomers finding us through meeting finder website. Next conscience meeting will vote on future of zoom.  Meeting is sustainable. Tradition 7, people directed to aa website or asked to give a bit extra to face to face meetings they attend that need to cover rent.  

Jenny in lieu of Joe

Stevenage Friday

remains on zoom. Keen to get chairs from any volunteers

Ron in lieu of Duncan

Stevenage Saturday

Struggling ‚?? Duncan has negotiated a reduction in rent ‚?? He will be in Scotland for a month after which they will discuss if meeting is viable.


Debbie

Stevenage Sunday

The group is well attended averaging 20. Very comfortable and spacious in the New circular room. Chair meeting and many new chairs  and new members in attendance.

Recently donated ¬£100 to intergroup and will make another.. very soon  

Jo

Welwyn Garden City Thursday

15-20 regulars




AOB

Bob‚??s funeral was Joyous (but sad). There was a huge turnou



Bedford AA convention ‚?? in memory of someone who died -funds provided by the family (see flyer at end of the minutes)



Roger has a literature display stand if anyone would like it ‚?? useful for convention?



Leeds 75th Anniversary convention- should have had tickets. Check your tickets have QR code ‚?? will be scanned to enter venue. Google AA 75 everything is on there



National Southern convention ‚?? Norfolk pavilion outside Haywards heath last w/e in OCT - no accommodation on site ‚?? opportunity to camp



Next meeting will be F2F on 20th August 2022

The meeting ended with the Serenity Prayer