Borders & East Lothian Intergroup
Intergroup Minutes - May 2016Borders and East Lothian Intergroup
Held on Sunday May 1st at Fala Community Hall
Present : Marion Chair Musselburgh
Andy Vice Chair Prestonpans Friday
Bob Treasurer Hawick
Jim Secretary Gala
Jan GSR Musselburgh Saturday
Brian GSR Peebles Sunday
Martin GSR B.G.H.
Gordon GSR Haddington Thursday
Lawrie and Phil sent apologies.
Andy read the Preamble, and Marion read the Traditions.
1. Minutes of Previous Meeting : Agreed as correct. Proposed by Andy, Seconded, Brian
2. Treasurer,s Report : Group,s Income was 30% down versus last year, versus 6months from last year, but was expected to pick up in next 6months. Cash in hand £1984. Agreed £1500 be sent to Scotia Region.
3. Secretary,s Report : All minutes have now been sent by e-mail, as agreed, being quicker, and much cheaper.
4. Group Reports : Reports were given, covering, BGH, Peebles, Gala, Hawick, Port Seton, Prestonpans, Tranent, Musselburgh, and Haddington. None were adverse, in attendance, or were struggling.
5. Telephones : Nothing significant to report. 0800 number is doing well, and in August, a telephone liaison meeting will be held in York.
6. Scotia : Andy reported that he is now finding his feet as the new Scotia Secretary. He did ask that, as there are vacancies at Scotia, he would be willing to take anybody who wished to extend their service, along to the next meeting. Scotia held a meeting of Conference delegates. His committee is No 5, and they have three questions to consider. They will be in Service News Winter Edition, so everyone should have a chance to see them. Andy is happy to take calls from anyone, prior to the Conference, to hear their views. As regards the 75th Anniversary of AA-GB, there is a question to Conference, whether there should be a large Convention. This was done for the 50th Anniversary, in Blackpool, but ran at a large loss. Other questions include, whether AA should hold supplies of the anniversary chips.
It was felt, in the main, that this was a private thing, and in the same way as birthday cakes, this should not come from the Pot. Andy will give a provisional conference report back, at the next BELI meeting.
7. Convention : Jan gave a report on the forthcoming BELI convention in Peebles. The overall picture was that all arrangements were going smoothly, though there still was a need for raffle prizes.
8. ECLO : Nothing to report
9. ECI : Nothing to report
10. PI : Nothing to report
11. AOCB : There was no further competent business.
There being no further business, the chair practiced Tradition 7, then closed the meeting with the Serenity Prayer.
The next meeting was set for Sunday July 3rd.