Committee 2 at Conference 2013 made the following recommendations in response to questions about young people in AA.
- Young people should be warmly welcomed into AA
- Young People are encouraged through sponsorship to be active members of the Fellowship.
- The Service Structure may seek to encourage and co-operate with Young People’s Conventions.
- The Electronic Communications Sub Committee (ECSC) looks at appropriate apps and social media as a possible means of attracting young people to AA.
- Young people are encouraged, wherever possible, to carry the message at PI events in education, young offenders institutions etc.
- A young person (YP) status is highlighted on the 12th Step list
- The “Too Young” poster be updated with input from younger members.
- Intergroups and Regions may, where appropriate, appoint a Young Persons Liaison Officer.