1961 - Scotland divides
- Scotland divides into four areas plus Glasgow, with a rep from each on Scottish I/G Committee.
1963 - Central Committee re-named
- Central Committee re-named General Purposes Committee.
1964 - General Service Conference suggested
- Scotland divides into seven areas (later known as Regions) with one rep. each on Scottish I/G Committee.
- GSB suggests formation of a General Service Conference.
1966 - A & GRC becomes General Service Conference
- Decision made to proceed with GS Conference.
- Template for today’s service structure put in place and A & GRC becomes General Service Conference. First meeting held in Midland Hotel, Manchester. Intergroups from England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales to appoint Conference delegates