This is done using simple text files called cookies which sit on your computer. By using this site you are agreeing to this principle. Click here to remove this notice.
1988 - 1998
1989 - Continental Europe Region becomes part of GB Service Structure
- Continental Europe Region becomes part of GB Service Structure, bringing the number of Regions to 15.
1992 - 3,000 groups registered in GB
- 3,000 groups registered in GB, with 15 Regions and 118 Intergroups.
1993 - Networked computer system installed at GSO
- Networked computer system installed at GSO.
- Internet group formed by four Glasgow members, which grew to 175 within two years.
1994 - Single Telephone number Trials begin
- Trials begin for single telephone number in SE England and parts of Scotland.
1995 - Conference accepts Twelve Concepts and Conference Charter for GB
- GB Conference accepts Twelve Concepts and Conference Charter for GB as a supplement to World Service Concepts
1997 - 50th Anniversary of AA in Great Britain
- 50th Anniversary of AA in Great Britain
- National Convention in Blackpool
- Groups in Great Britain number 3,279, 15 Regions and 118 Intergroups
1998 - New AA Service Handbook is published
- Conference adopts national single 0845 telephone number.
- Public Information website established by GSB at GSO York.
- New AA Service Handbook is published, including Guidelines, contents of previous Service Handbook, and Public Information.