Like most websites Alcoholics Anonymous (GB) Ltd. uses cookies. In order to deliver a personalised, responsive service and to improve the site, we remember and store information about how you use it.
This is done using simple text files called cookies which sit on your computer. By using this site you are agreeing to this principle. Click here to remove this notice.

Home Contact Information Useful Links
0800 9177 650   
help@aamail.org

Call our National Helpline

FREE on

0800 9177 650
help@aamail.org
You are here > Home > Members > Regional & Local Websites > Scotia Region > Borders & East Lothian Intergroup > Intergroup Minutes - September 2016

Intergroup Minutes - September 2016

Borders and East Lothian Intergroup
Business Meeting
Held on Sunday September 4th at Fala Community Hall
Present : Marion Chair Musselburgh
Andy Vice Chair Prestonpans
Bob Treasurer Hawick
Jim Secretary Gala
Davie Observer Tranent
Grant GSR Port Seton
Apologies sent by Lawrie and Phil
Marion read the Preamble, and Andy, the Traditions
1. Minutes of Previous Meetings : May 1st. Agreed as correct, proposed by Andy, seconded by Grant. July 3rd, agreed as correct, proposed by Andy, seconded by Bob.
2. Treasurer,s Report : Bob reported that total receipts from Groups was 1556. It was agreed that 700 be sent to Scotia. Bob also reported that Group contributions were down 10% over the equivalent period last year. There was a discussion of reasons why this was so, and the main reason, it was felt, was that groups were holding back more cash, than the guideline amount of a prudent reserve.
3. Secretary,s Report : The secretary had nothing to report, over and above what would be reported in the Group reports.
4. Group Reports : Prestonpans meeting picking up. BGH meeting, however has gone into decline. An additional factor, is that the meeting is held in the chapel, and there are questions arising over it,s future. It was funded by public subscription, 25 years ago, as part of the Margaret Kerr hospice. The land is owned by the NHS, and now the buildings are reverting to NHS ownership. The Group,s payment to the NHS consists of an annual donation, and it has been indicated that, that arrangement may change. In that case the meeting would not be viable, inevitably, given the numbers attending, and the lack of any encouragement from the Huntlyburn Unit, which handles cases of “ drying out. “ All other groups appear to be proceeding normally.
5. Telephones. : July meeting went well, and it now seems that the new helpline numbers introduced, have passed their bedding in stage, and are functioning well. As always, there is a need for telephone responders.
6. Scotia : Andy reported that a new Treasurer is required, and there are other posts that also need filled. There was also considerable work being done in Scottish prisons, reaching out to alcoholics, by conducting meetings in prisons. This work was showing positive results, and the methods used were in the process of being adopted as the model, in other parts of the UK. He also distributed to the meeting, a flyer aimed at recruiting members to become involved in this activity. There was considerable interest in this worthwhile and rewarding facet of Service.
7. Convention : The feeling was that last years successful convention in Peebles had resulted in us going up the learning curve, and so next years Convention in Peebles, could conceivably be even better. More volunteers to assist are required however, to spread the organisational load.
8. ECLO : Nothing to report
9. ECI : Nothing to report
10. PI : Nothing to report
11. AOCB : There was no further competent business
There being no further business, the chair practiced Tradition 7, then closed the meeting with the Serenity Prayer.
The next meeting was set for October 30th. This would be preceeded by the BELI AGM.